Last Spring, L'Oreal Fashion Week became LG Fashion Week Beauty by L'Oreal Paris and introduced showroom presentations. For the upcoming presentation of the spring collections, Toronto's fashion week also has no shortage of alterations.
1) The tents will no longer be at Nathans Phillips Square. Where is this new location? 1030 King Street West, just east of Ossington Avenue. This new space will include a permanent structure as well as the traditional tents.
2) Many of the designers that had shows in past years, will not be debuting their spring designs this season. The list includes fashion week regulars, Zoran Dobric, Aqua Di Lara and Joeffer Coac.
3) On the bright side, that makes way for many new designers to show what they got! This includes, the very talented New York based designer, Romona Keveza, Project Runway runner-up Jessica Biffi and Stephen Frame and Yasmin Mahrous of the clothing line, Frame.
4) OCAD is the school of choice for this season and will be presenting their clothing in a practical and literal fashion. This presentation will be taking place at OCAD on 100 McCaul Street and admission is free!
5) Toronto-based clothing line, JUMA are the new guest contributors of the LG Fashion Week Beauty by L'Oreal Paris blog! They will be providing all their insights about fashion and their clothing line.
Stay tuned for LG Fashion Week updates and if you are interested in attending or volunteering click here!